Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Break

I don't even know where to start! We were just busy having too much fun! I thought it would be fun to plan little adventures for the kids and by the end of the week I was EXHAUSTED! We went to Disneyland, the pool, the beach, the pool again, & Avery even had a "mommy daughter date" to the Spectrum. She was so excited! We had so much fun and didn't even get home until 10:30pm! She was so cute and held my hand the whole time. I will be so sad when the day comes where hanging out with your mom on Friday night isn't "cool" anymore. Ughhh, do they have to grow up? We did have lots of fun, now to get caught up on laundry, sleep and cleaning!


Logan and Lucas LOVING the water!




We saw an octupus at the tidepools



Avery even did some rock jumping


Logan was so funny in the sand. He still isn't walking and decided to do the crab crawl.



What could be better than cotton candy and the Disneyland parade!



Our "mommy daughter date"


While we were there, we let the lady try that amazing Gemelli curling iron on Avery's hair... so we had to take a picture when we got home.

12 comments:

HeatherC said...

Sounds fun- I love to plan excursions for the kiddos too! Love the tide pool pics.

Sara Decker said...

Looks fun. You either have an amazing camera, or you are an amazing photographer because your pictures are always so clear and great. Your family always looks so cute.

Mindy said...

Emily--

I thought I had already posted, but I can't see where it popped up--so if this is a repeat--SORRY!!

I know that you don't know me, but I really am not a creepy blog stalker. My husband is Shaun McKnight and he and Darren served in Spain together on their mission. I guess they were really good buddies. Darren gave Shaun your blog link so we could see what you guys are up to. I just wanted to leave a comment so you would know: 1-that we have your blog link--so you can yell at Darren if you didn't want us to.

2-that you look like you have a great family. I wish I could meet you guys some time. Let us know if you are ever in UT. Spring break sounds like way more fun than ours---it snowed up here and was freezing most of the week--ugh!

3-I love your template. Will you email me at mcknoche@juno.com and tell me where you got it? I would like to see the site you snagged it from.

4-I also have a family blog, but it is private so I would need your email to send you an invite if you/Darren want to check it out.

Thanks for letting us take a peek at your family.

Suzanne said...

The beach & pool look so inviting! I love that you had a date with your daughter. One on one time with my kids is a rare but precious time. I agree with that previous comment. The color in your pictures is great!

Emily said...

You're so funny...spring break WORE me out too! And also, I was just talking to Matt today about doing a Mommy/Daughter date with Maddie. I wouldn't have thought about the Spectrum, I think I might copy you!
Your family is beautiful!
:)

King Family said...

Wow, it looks like you had a great week full of lots of fun! THe tide pools are a great idea! I am going to have to bring Paige there sometime soon.

King Family said...

Avery looks so much like Dad in the picture with her hair curled. A Mommy/ Daughter Date was a great idea.

Brandon and Kim Waldron said...

you got some great pictures of the kids! I'm sure they had such a fun Spring Break! You're such a great mom.

Summer said...

Hey Em I'm right there with you ! We have been sooo busy! Hope your still looking forward to Womens Conference!

PS If you want to know what we're having check out our blog :)

Nate and Tasha said...

I must say Logan is quite the mover. Did the sand slow him down at all? :) Looks like you had a good Spring Break, I never see anything cool in the tide pools, but you guys saw an octopus. Awesome!

Nichole said...

It has been a while sinse I came to your site...our life is CRAZY! I tried to escape the whole caoticness of it by going to Hawaii. But as soon as I got home all the stress came back. This whole move to Oregon has gotten me stressed out!

You have been busy lately! I love the picture of you and Avery! What cute pictures!!! You look great! I am glad to hear you were in Portland...I hope you look us up when you come to town next time.

The tribute to your mom was beautiful. What an amazing mom! I love the family pic on Maui. John's fam has 10 kids but your 12 kids looked like so much more! I love big families...how beautiful! Your sis looks just like you! And your brothers too!!!

byers babes said...

Glad to hear that Brooke isn't the only one not walking yet. She'll be 16 mos. on May 10th. What's up with these slowpokes? Is it the 3rd child thing or what? btw - fun pics. Your kids are absolutely beautiful.