Thursday, April 3, 2008

Surprise!!!!

This past weekend Darren and I flew to Oregon to surprise his dad for his 60th birthday! We left the kids with friends and family and headed for a quick weekend getaway to join the rest of his family. We spent the first day in Portland and decided to go up to Multnomah Falls up in the Columbia River Gorge. It was beautiful, although we were only there about 20 minutes because it was freezing! We headed to Eugene where we were meeting up with everyone for dinner to surprise dad. We had a yummy dinner and spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and being together. Darren and I slept in on Saturday morning until 10:15 am!! What more could I ask for! We had lots of fun.....Happy Birthday dad!

This was his face when he walked into the restaurant to see all of us waiting to surprise him.
The whole gang except for Darren's brother Ryan who was flying in late that night.
Multnomah Falls..... that's us way up there!

Freezing cold in the rain and hail.

6 comments:

Kari and Brian said...

What a fun get-a-way for you! The falls are so beautiful. Its is so nice to get away from things every so often.

Hemphill Family said...

That's great you could have a weekend together. Jason and I need something like that.

Suzanne said...

That sounds like paradise! We could all use a little get away. Good for you for doing it:)

Strive to Thrive said...

You are so pretty Emily... so photogenic too. Darren's not bad either! ha ha. Miss you guys! Julie

Christy said...

What a nice trip. I remember surprising my mom for her 60th...it was so fun!

Brandon and Kim Waldron said...

That's my mission!! I'm so jealous you were in the Gorge, I love it!