Monday, July 7, 2008

The Fun Never Ends in Utah!

I look forward to our trips to Utah every year. There is something about being back in the place where you spent your college years! I have so many wonderful memories there! I LOVE to spend time with lots of family and catch up with old friends. I especially love to visit in the Fall when the weather is just perfect, the leaves are starting to change and BYU football season is in full swing. Although this trip was in the HEAT of July, (I'm talkin 100+) we still had lots of fun! Darren drove up with us but had to fly back the following week for work, leaving me with the week's entertainment and 3 kids in tow. He flew back the night before the 4th of July to spend the holiday with us and then drive us back home. (So grateful not to have had to drive home alone.) We had such a fun family reunion, visits with wonderful friends, frequent visits to Cafe Rio and some shopping fun (I was so bummed I didn't make it to Rod Works and Tai Pan though!) We spent the 4th of July in Provo with all of the fun festivities and good food! I have so many pictures of all of our adventures... I don't even know which ones to post! We had a blast and can't wait to do it again!


We had such a fun day at the Wight family Reunion. The kids played for hours on the waterslide and trampoline, they had water balloon fights, marshmellow fights and lots of great food. All of the cousins made marshmellow shooters and then colored them. My girls had never seen these before and were so excited to make their very own!


Eating the marshmellows was Avery's favorite part!


Logan was ready to play lacrosse with the big boys

Ella wasn't sure she liked the waterslide after the first run

The water balloon fights were a huge hit with the kids!

We took the kids to Temple Square to walk around and see the visitors center..... they loved it!



We finally got to see our great friends Ryan and Christy and their kids and we had so much fun at their beautiful house! My kids thought everyone in Utah had their own park in the backyard. I LOVE the homes up there! We miss you guys!

We went to lunch at the Gateway in Salt Lake and Logan got a hold of the lemons
We went to the Colonial Times in Provo and saw how the people lived back then. They were even dressed up and women were basket weaving and making candles and butter. After walking around in the heat we took a break for an ice cold treat.

Avery wearing the heavy armor they wore in battle.

There was even a mini Mayflower ship
My brother rigged up a fun slip n slide for the kids to cool off in.

Ella fell in love with this little dog "Sweetie" and stayed right by her side most of the day. This was a surprise because she usually is so scared of dogs.

Watching the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire.... someone is sleepy!


The kids had so much fun doing sparklers!

Happy 4th of July!


7 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a great week in Utah! I love your picture of the temple. It's gorgeous. I bet the 4th is really fun to celebrate in Utah with all those big families.

HeatherC said...

What a fun and busy trip! I wish our kids could still do sparklers around here- the 4th isnt the same without some DIY fireworks in the street!

Emily said...

I love your posts! You always have the most beautiful pictures of your family adventures! Your making me really look forward to our Utah trip in a few weeks. And yes, we need to get together soon! You know...to keep that "Ella-Thomas Romance" alive! ;)

Kristen said...

What a fabulous Trip! Loved all the pictures, Utah is the place to be for the 4th, that's for sure!

Heather Anderson said...

Love your photos and looks like fun! Your family is getting so big they are very cute kids!

Nate and Tasha said...

We are going to Utah next week, I can't wait. I hit all the hotspots when we go as well (Cafe Rio, Gateway, etc). The marshmellow guns look familiar, my fam has a set of those as well. Looks like you had a great time and you took some great pictures (love the one of Ella in the wheel).

SUMMER said...

Looks like a BLAST. We have not one vacation planned this summer. I LOVE your navy and white shirt by the way!!! Too cute!