Last week I was talking to my sister about chores and how to teach our kids to do them, and she gave me a great idea...... (it's really her sister-in-laws idea, so thanks Christy.) We wrote up a chart with the days of the week. Each day goes with a chore... (the deep cleaning kind.) So Monday ~Mirrors, Tuesday~Tub and Toilets, Wednesday~Windows and Walls, Thursday~Throw out Dust (vacuum and dust) Friday~Floors and Fridge and Saturday~ Sinks and Storage (organizing.) When they do their chores they get a star sticker and we made rewards up for goals they can reach. For example 5 stars=Frozen Yogurt 10 stars= Chuck E Cheese 15= Go to a movie etc.... So, we started last week and Avery thinks this is the best game ever! She will remind everyone what day it is and what chore goes with the day! We will see how long it lasts but for now, I am happy to have some help scrubbing the toilets!
The mirrors are sparkling!



8 comments:
What a great idea! I think I will steal it:)
EMILY!! I am so glad I found your blog! What a cute family you have. You can check out my blog sometime, and see what we've been up to. (Long Time No See!!) -->Julie (Job) Williams
http://williams-family-life.blogspot.com/
What a cute idea! I need to start that with my children...my house could use it!
What a great idea. I myself have been wondering when to start my kids on chores, how many, how hard etc. My girls are only 4 and 2, but my 4 year old could help out a bit more right? Maybe I am getting ahead of myself. Jeff & I can't WAIT to slave drive them!!! hahaha =)
Great suggestion. I just implemented a chart myself for brushing teeth, nap, picking up toys and putting them into the right place, and listening. I bought a chart at Lakeshore, and re-usuable happy face stickers. Paige loves it. I give them to her before she goes to bed every night. I told her is she gets 20 happy faces I was going to take her to the store (Dollar Tree here we come).
Thanks for the good ideas. Taylor likes cleaning the toilets too, weird.
It really is a good time to start having them clean... while they are still excited! Thanks for hosting the girls party last week.
What a great idea! Looks like 'fun.' Kalli LOVES to use the spray bottle too. It must be the age!
Post a Comment