Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So Long Summer.... Hello School!

Well, the days of eating watermelon, going to the beach and pool anytime, wearing our swimsuits all day or staying in our pajamas until noon are over! School has begun and this year even Ella gets to go to school! She is so excited to be in preschool and go to the same school Avery went to. Avery is a big 1st grader now and couldn't be happier! After her first day back she said, "mom, I love school!" (I sure hope that sticks with her until college!) I can't say that I love school starting at 7:45 am though! Avery wanted to have an alarm clock wake her up but we talked her into just letting daddy be her alarm clock. I didn't need Logan and Ella waking up at 6:45 am too! Mornings have totally changed at our house.... and sad to say, I am NOT a morning person. Maybe this will help me start waking up to go running! I love my sleep and I stay up too late.... something's gotta give. I better get to bed!

We love to eat watermelon all summer long!

Just hanging out in my trunks!

Love to swim!

This is the life!

Ready for preschool!
Ist grade here I come!
Avery and Ella on their 1st day
Ella and Mrs. Marissa
Lily and Avery

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

7:45 is so early. We don't start until 9:15. I love summer too but I'm glad to be in a routine and so are my kids. How wonderful to have two in school.

Tim and Lisa said...

Wow!!! 7:45, that wouldn't work in our house! Hunter's school doesn't start until 9:05. We are all night owls. We like to sleep in!!!

Nichole said...

We are 8:00...bus is here at 7:35...and I think it is crazy early. I am not a morning person either. Last night Iwent to bed early...well 10:30ish...more like ish! And I feel much better today! ugghhh maybe next week I will be back into a routine!

Kristen said...

I love first day of school pictures, your girls are so cute!
Your school does start early, ours starts at 9:00 it's SO NICE! Cause I'm not a morning person haha

King Family said...

Cute pics. Paige starts Pre--Kindergarten on Monday. I am not a morning person either.

Nichole said...

I made my blog private...but too many people told me it was a pain...so Iopened it back up. My email is the same as my blog...except "@msn.com" instead of "blogspot.com" Hey send me the info on that trip...I would love to go somewhere like that someday...you are so lucky to have a mom watch the kids for you.

Nat D said...

your kids are so cute! I am jealous you went on an amazing vacation. Hopefully I'll see you soon!