
That is one HAPPY guy! Darren was all smiles on our big day at Yankee Stadium to see the last Friday night game ever played on this field! We had such a blast on our trip.... where do I even start? We LOVED New York City..... the food, the shows, the crowded streets, the history, the shopping (well, I loved the shopping .... Darren, not so much.) He says I need to come back with sisters and girlfriends to REALLY shop! He was a good sport though. We stayed right in Time Square where all of the action was. It was fun to be right next to the Theater District and see all of the Broadway shows around us. We even got to be up close with some Broadway stars! We had an amazing time! My sister Katie and her family came to our house and watched our kids the whole time so that we could go.... Thank you so much......YOU ARE THE BEST! Here are lots of pictures of our adventure.

Go Yankees!!!

Dylan's Candy Shop.... the biggest candy store I have ever seen!

Central Park was one of my very favorites!


Just one angle of Ground Zero. It is overwhelming to be here! I still can't believe it!

The memorial

The New York Stock Exchange

We saw Phantom!

We also saw a play Katie Holmes stars in called All My Sons. We waited outside to see her come out to her car.... she was so sweet!

Every girl's favorite store!

This is a super famous deli that serves the best sandwiches! I think every celebrity has a picture on the wall of their visit to Carnegie's!

Yep, that's about 1 pound of pastrami on each HALF! Soooo good!

Another favorite dinner in the city!

We shared a huge platter of the best BBQ ever!

Just a city shot as we were walking. The weather was PERFECT the whole time we were there!


Eating AGAIN in Little Italy!

We had to make a stop at the famous American Girl Store. This store was 3 levels and so much fun! I wish my girls could have seen it! I'm sure you can guess what they want for Christmas now!

We made a stop at Serendipity for a frozen hot chocolate. It is one of the best things in the world!

Remember the movie Serendipity? Here we are!

After a fun trip in the city we headed to New Canaan Conn. to stay a night with Darren's uncle John and family. New Canaan is so beautiful and such a quaint New England town. We loved it! I love the beautiful colonial homes and big green yards... it was breathtaking!

Thanks John and Lisa for showing us around and for making the end of our fabulous trip even better! We want to come see you again soon!
13 comments:
Oh, so fun. I thought you guys were just going for the game, like an overnighter, but you guys had a lot of fun stuff planned. K- Jake and I are going this weekend, so email me. Not sure how much we can jam pack in 3 full days, what do we just have to do???
Looks like sooo mcuh fun! I'm jealous! I want to go to NYC so bad... great pictures!
Looks like you did it ALL!!! I'm glad that you took the trip and that you got to do everything you wanted. You two are such a cute couple.
Emily!
What a great trip!!! Looked so FUN! I'm so glad you go got do that, and alittle jealous :)
Oh how this post makes me soooo jealous!! Jeff & I LOVE NYC and have been a few times. Can you believe all the meat they put on those sandwiches at Carnegies?!? So good huh?!?! The sites, sounds, entertainment people, there is nothing like it. I am so glad you guys had a great time. New England this time of year too...gorgeous!! I am with you, all those Colonial homes, they are DARLING. I told Jeff if the price was right with a good job I think I would move out there in a heart beat...or I could just covet a vacation home out there, one or the other.
What a great vacation!!! Looks like you guys had a blast together. Go Yankee's
emily, it's mahina! i didn't know you had a blog! awesome! so do i! check it out! i will have to come catch up with your cute family when i have more time!
how fun! i'm excited to keep up with you now! i love the blog world!
Looks like you had a great time. I have been in New Jersey for over a week now and am planning on going into New York this wekend. I cannot wait!!
Wow! How incredible. I am jealous simply put! Glad you had such a good time. I miss you!!!!!
Honestly...could you have packed more in?? What a great get-away! Even better that you did it as a surprise!
AWESOME trip--- did you see the size of the cheescakes at Carnegie Deli! Sinful!! years a go Marc and I spent a couple days in the city and attempted to clean our plates at Carnegie Deli-- not gonna happen
Emily...how fun! I want to go on a trip like that. It sounds like you did your homework & knew right where everything was!
Ahhhh so fun! I miss NY it's so fun to visit there. All your pictures totally remind me of trips there. The deli's are unbelievable. Ok so is that a real pic you took of Katie Holmes? I love how you snuck in a celeb sighting in your trip.
Post a Comment