Thursday, September 13, 2007

Congratulations Derek and Katie!

Last Sunday our family had a birthday dinner for me and Ella at my sister's house. Right before it was time to have cake and ice cream my brother Derek came in with 2 platters full of pink and blue frosted cupcakes. All of the kids thought we just had more treats for the birthday, but we all knew! They are having their 1st baby!!!! Congratulations Katie and Derek! My brother Brandon's wife Kim, will have their baby 3 weeks earlier. How fun! These 2 new babies will be #12 and 13 and there are still 6 of my siblings not married! Where are we going to have Sunday dinners when there isn't any more room at the house?




5 comments:

Wendy said...

How exciting. I can't think of a cuter couple or way to announce a pregnancy. Derek was one of the 1st people I met in college and I've known Katie from growing up in the Irvine stake. What a small world! Now they need to start a blog now that they are growing a little family. Congrats!

Summer said...

That's awessome! I was wondering when those two were gonna get started. Let them know we are really happy for them OK! Your family always comes up with the cutest ways to announce a pregnancy! I wish I did cute things like that! Maybe next time, but that won't be any time soon =)

Anonymous said...

What a cute couple and cute idea with the cupcakes! I just love when people announce their pregnancies!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh...I am so excited for them!!! They will have cute kids...like yours!!! I love all of the cute pictures of your family. You will have to add me to the blogs that you read. Our blog is tjsbthompson.blogspot.com. Did you get our Happy Birthday email! If not Happy late Birthday. Love Ya! Jaime

byers babes said...

Congrats to katie & derek!! I know Julie & Bob are thrilled!!! Another beautiful Waldron baby is on the way!