Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Mother

So today I had one of "those mornings!" We all know how it is trying to get our kids out the door for school on time. Well, things were going pretty good, I had all three kids at the table eating breakfast (I was actually looking forward to a yummy bowl of oatmeal with blueberries) Avery was already dressed with hair brushed and I still had to dress Ella and Logan. Avery had her "Friend" magazine open to a story she wanted me to read to her before she left for school. I didn't even have to drive today so I thought I could probably read her the story, I mean all I needed to do was have her ready to catch her carpool ride and then get the other 2 ready for musicmakers....easy enough. Well, I started to change Logan out of his pjs and realized he had a poopy diaper that was completely down one side of his leg. (sorry to talk about poop but this is what my morning was all about.) I am yelling to Avery and Ella to help me get baby wipes and a towel to lay on the carpet and carefully cleaning up the mess (literally everywhere.) I rinse Logan off in the shower and then get the water ready for a bath. Meanwhile Avery is trying to show me a sweet Valentine letter she made for me and keeps saying, "mom, look at what I made for you, here mom, do you want to see it?" By the way I am up to my elbows in... you know....I was trying to be patient, but we all know what is like when we are trying to clean a squirmy infant and your other children need us. CHAOS! Anyway, Avery's ride knocks on the door, I run down with Logan wrapped in a towel and look down to see Avery still doesn't have her socks and shoes on. I open the door, apologize, for keeping them waiting as I get Avery out the door. Needless to say, I didn't make it to musicmakers today. After getting Logan down for a nap, I cleaned up the disaster and came across Avery's valentine card and story she wanted me to read. I feel like a terrible mom! I sent her out the door with a frustrated "get your shoes on...hurry!" Uhhhhhh....do we all have days like these?

My bowl of oatmeal and blueberries sat on the counter until around lunchtime

Avery's sweet little note she wanted to show me while I was "too busy" and her story that I will for sure read after school!

The cause of the stressful morning! This is after I cleaned up...I didn't want to be too graphic!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh Em, we do all have days like this. It rips my heart out as a mom when you find the thing that your kids were so excited to show you too, after they have gone. You are still a great Mom and you probably handled it WAY better than I would have. Sometimes patience runs short.

Anonymous said...

Babe - I love you. - Darren

Melinda said...

Emily- First of all, you are a fabulous Mom!

And yes, I can't tell you how many days I have had like that. I guess we have to treasure the mornings when we have one off to school, the other two playing together nicely (no poopies please- especially at the same time!), and we're able to steal a moment to eat a nice hot bowl of oatmeal with fresh blueberries (a favorite of mine too)!

I hope you guys are having a Happy Valentine's Day!

byers babes said...

I'm sure all moms can relate. Thanks for sharing that hilarious morning. You are a good mom.

HeatherC said...

HA! Of course we all have those days.... give yourself a hug honey, youre wonderful!

Nichole said...

I have those days all the time! I am so glad I am not the only one!!! The whole poop, your breakfast uneaten...carpool no shoes...we have all had crazy days like that...it is all to familiar

You are a great mom!

Tammy said...

Yes, you know we have all been there.... those precious little babies that come to our home fill us with so much joy AND so much frustration. You are a great mom. I appreciate all I have learned from you waldron girls! You are a sweetie and so are your cute little kiddies.