Sunday, June 8, 2008

Grandparents Day

Avery was so excited for her "Poppy" to come to her school on Thursday for Grandparents Day! They get to show them their classroom and meet their teacher and then eat lunch together. It was so fun to see how excited Avery was when my dad came walking up the path toward her classroom. (of course I had to stick around to take pictures!) After school she said to me, "I wish grandma could have come too, but sometimes I feel like she is there." Okay, how sweet is that? Then she said, "whenever we go to poppy's house, I feel grandma there too." (sniff, sniff) I thought that was so sweet! It always amazes me how children can be so in tune and teach us so much. My kids sure love and miss grandma and even pray everyday that Heavenly Father will "bless grandma in heaven." Avery had such a fun day.... thanks for coming dad!



6 comments:

Melinda said...

Sweet post Emily. How neat that they do a Grandparents Day at Avery's school! She looks so grown up already!

Tim and Lisa said...

I love that schools do Grandparents day!!! What a special day for Avery!!! Your Dad looks so good!!!

Nicole said...

That is so sweet & tender on what she said about Grandma!! How fun to have Grandparents Day, your dad looks great & Avery looks so happy with him there.

Tammy said...

Sweet little Avery...tell her I know that Grandma is with her always. Love you guys!

SUMMER said...

That is so cute. Your dad is darling!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, I love your blog. Your family is darling. What beautiful children you have. Hope you have a great vacation. Once you cruise, your hooked. Its the only way to vacation. Love ya!
Anita Roll