Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cruisin the Caribbean!

I think we just had the best vacation EVER! This was our first cruise and can I just say WOW! We left the kids at home with Darren's mom (thanks mom) and went on a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. Our ship was amazing! We rode boogie boards and surfboards on the "flowrider" climbed a rockwall, played volleyball, relaxed by the pool, ate delicious food, slept in, read books, ate some more, went to shows, met interesting people, saw beautiful places, ate some more, swam with stingrays, hiked up a waterfall, took a nap in a hammock, did I mention eating? We did that ALOT! We got to see Labadee Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. They were all beautiful but I think my favorite stop was Cayman Islands. The water was so blue and so clear! Ahhhhh so much fun.... now back to "real life." We were so lucky to have grammy here taking care of our kids and they had a blast with her! We love her, she is the best!

Safety check on the ship to make sure we knew what to do in case of emergency.

The ship had 2 formal nights where we dressed up and had an amazing dinner in the dining room.

Our first port was Labadee Haiti.

This is pretty much what we did the WHOLE day!

Darren sizing up our ship from the beach. This ship was amazing!

Enjoying the nightlife on the ship!





Our 2nd stop was Jamaica where we hiked up Dunn's River Falls.... really fun!

This is Jamaica! Yah mon...no problem!


Darren is ready to snorkel at Stingray City in the Cayman Islands! (our 3rd stop)


Yes, I am kissing a stingray!




We were actually feeding these stingrays squid and they would suck them from your hand from underneath...pretty crazy!


relaxing on the beautiful beach!

We sat with the same couples every night at dinner and we had such a fun group!

We ran into Nacho Libre in Cozumel while shopping. (our last stop)

The shopping is always fun in Mexico! We ended up with maracas for the kids!


The Flowrider was so much fun!! This was a popular thing to do on the ship so the line was always long.



Darren showing his skills on the wave! He actually did a flip and landed back on it!

The last day on the ship we went all out and played in a volleyball tournament together and even climbed the rock wall!


This may just be the very best thing on the whole ship. Soft serve ice cream anytime, who could ask for more!


Every night we had a new surprise waiting for us (made out of towels)
They cleaned our cabins 2 times a day!

We had such an amazing time! I am ready to book another one..... anyone wanna come?

17 comments:

SUMMER said...

Yes... I wanna come! It looked like SOOOO MUCH FUN!

Suzanne said...

What an amazing vacation! I can't wait to do something that fun & adventurous someday soon!!

HeatherC said...

that looks wonderful!!! Glad it was a great time.

Tim and Lisa said...

What a wonderful vacation!! Looks like you guys had some great quality time together!!!! I can't wait for our vacation in May... Cancun I'm counting down!! Welcome back to reality.

King Family said...

Looks like a great time. I love Cozumel and Grand Caymans. James and I went to Grand Caymans for our Honeymoon and scuba dived with the rays. It was fun!

Nicole said...

Could that trip look like more fun??? Wow, I love everything you did and how much fun you and Darren look like you are having! Lucky couple! Count Jeff & I in for next year!!

Jessica said...

Oh man! That looks like such a fun time - I want to go!!!

Kari and Brian said...

Its the only way to travel. We can't get enough!. It is always fun to get away and see new things. Im glad you were able to get the chance to go!

Nate and Tasha said...

WOW! I am speechless. That looked like an amazing time. I will have to get the info from you so we can book our own trip :)

Wendy said...

You guys know how to do vacations right. I wanna come next time. Seriously, I see a good traveling match in our future.

Jules said...

ME ME ME!!!! We seriously need to take a trip together, how fun would that be? Cruising is our FAVORITE mode of travel! Looked like fun!

Julie said...

WOW!! We've never been on a cruise before...I'm all over the eat-as-much-as-you-want concept!! Glad you guys had a fun time.

Summer said...

Oh man...I am so jealous!! Looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait for next weekend!!

Tammy said...

I am so glad that you guys got to go, so much fun huh! Love that last pic, you two are so cute!

I should have appreciated the cruises a little more when we got to go for free...

Love you guys!

Emily said...

Looked AMAZING!!! Welcome back...we missed you!

Nichole said...

WOW...Happy Anniversary!!! YOur trip looks amazing...I loved living it vicaiously through you! I can't wait to go there someday! How fun!

Kristen said...

Wow what a trip! Looks like you had a blast, sign me up...I wanna go next time:)
Such great pictures! You guys look so good!