Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily!



Happy Birthday wishes to my beautiful wife! Happy Birthday Mommy! We hope this day is a special one for you. Here are just a few reasons why your family loves you so much:

Logan - because you keep me from playing with the toilet water, from ripping Ella's glasses off her head and breaking them, from causing what could be significant laundry work during dinner time, and from swan-diving off of any couch or bed. More sincerely, "Mama", I love you for the love and patience you give to me each and every day while still finding the time to teach me a thing or two.

Ella - because you "play dollies" with me, you give me tickles at night time, and you read stories to me. Daddy also says thank you for dealing with "the pickiest eater in the world" (I'm not sure what that means).

Avery - because you do my hair and dress me in cute clothes every morning before school, you let me have "playdates" with my friends, you help me with my homework, and because you're so beautiful.

Hubby - because you've taught our children how to love (see above), because you are the most selfless person I know, because you can look past the faults of others and be a friend to everyone, because you bring peace into our home, because your 11 younger siblings love you and look to you for guidance, because you somehow can "put me in my place" occasionally and yet I love you more for it, because you love finding a good deal, because of your love of the gospel, because you are an AMAZING photographer, and because you're one smokin' hot babe!

We love you and hope you have a Happy Birthday!

18 comments:

Nicole said...

Very cute post from your sweet family! Happy Birthday Emily, hope you have a great day!

Colleen said...

Emily,
Happy Birthday my friend! That was a great post from your sweet husband! You definitely married well! Have a fantastic day and I hope to see you soon!

Love,
Col

SUMMER said...

Yeah Em! Happy birthday!! Hope your day is great!!!

Emily said...

Darren, Avery, Ella and Logan... that was so sweet of you! You are the best! Thank you for the breakfast in bed, the flowers delivered to my door and this sweet post! I love you guys!

Wendy said...

Nicest girl ever! Love being in the ward with you and your sweet family.

Tim and Lisa said...

Emily... Hope you had a Fantastic birthday!! What a great post from you wonderful husband!!! Love ya, Lisa

Tim and Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet post from your husband. You are loved!!

S. Gibson said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I hope your birthday was wonderful. I love what your husband wrote, you are such a wonderful person! I wish I lived closer so you could give me some photography tips!

Christy said...

That is so sweet. Happy belated birthday! It was fun seeing you last night.

King Family said...

Em- Hope you had a wonderful BIRTHDAY! Your Husband is so sweet.

King Family said...

Em- Hope you had a wonderful BIRTHDAY! Your Husband is so sweet.

HeatherC said...

Happy birthday Em! Have fun in nY!

Erin Thompson said...

OMGosh, Darren. No wonder she suprised you with Yankees tickets! That was sweet to post that so your wife knows how much she is appreciated....HINT HINT JAKE! just kidding, he doesn't read blogs. Have fun tonight!

Tarah said...

You've got it all right! You're scoring big, Darren

April Perry said...

Happy birthday! Kudos to your husband for writing a birthday blog post to you. I'm glad you guys got to go away! Hopefully we can get together soon.

Nate and Tasha said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Treyvan is so lucky to share a birthday with someone as wonderful as you! I hope your day was fabulous!

Nichole said...

Happy Belated B-day! Wow...Darren is a sweet hubby! And it sounds like you are an amazing wife & mother...but that is what I would expect from you...I still can't believe you have that many siblings. How fun!