Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yankees in NYC!!

Yes, I have to admit it..... I did good! I surprised Darren with tickets to the last Friday night game at Yankee stadium on Sept. 19th! I have to explain...Darren is a die-hard Yankee fan, I mean since he was 6 or 7 years old he has loved this team. All I have heard the past year is how this is the last season at historic Yankee Stadium where players like Micky Mantle, Joe DiMaggio and Babe Ruth played. So I just decided why not? I booked a flight, bought 2 tickets to the game and we are on our way! (Happy Anniversary) This is not normal for us to just take off on these little getaways, I mean how lucky are we to go on a cruise last month and now New York this month! Hmmm, what to do in October? Darren was SHOCKED to say the least and we caught a few pictures as he realized what it was. NYC here we come!

The confused moment.....

The "are you serious?" moment


The "looking into the details, like where are we exactly sitting at the game" moment


The Tickets!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

im here because of few cents for you. just dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

Anonymous said...

Yuts, daw palagpat imo blog.

Julie said...

WOW!! You are a great wife!!! Don't you love it when you get the PERFECT surprise and it goes over just like you imagined it??!! Good one!

BTW- Happy Birthday!

Tim and Lisa said...

I have to say!! I love reading your blog... its so fun to read what great things you have done for Darren and what wonderful things you guys write about each other!!! You guys have a great marriage and a wonderful life! Both your parents should be so proud of the great people they raised!!!!!

Christy said...

You are the best wife ever! I love the "why not" attitude. I need to be like that more.

Tammy said...

I am so behind on bloggin.... Look at all the posts you have done. I loved the anniversary surprise for Darren, I'm glad that it worked out.

Cute little Ella asking if she is going to be bigger in the morning:) I love that!

Darren is such a sweetheart doing a birthday post for you (casey wouldn't even know where to start)

And all the summer fun and new school year pics... SO CUTE!

Suzanne said...

How fun and spontaneous! You are a good woman!

Nicole said...

You are a great wife!! What a fun surprise, have sooo much fun!

Kristen said...

NO WAY Emily! How awesome is that!?!?! That is going to be so much fun. What a great surprise!!

King Family said...

What a great surprise Emily! You are an awesome wife and Mom!

Summer said...

You rock EM! I need help surprising Mike with something for our anniversary on WED...any good ideas??? I know, maybe I could go into labor! Hope you guys have a blast in NY!

BTW I love the post for your b-day! Very cute Darren! It is so nice to feel appreciated!

I had a blast at girls weekend! Can't wait til next year!

Tarah said...

You have an awesome sister -- I told her she and her husband need to plan a get away now! They done good! Fun times for you two.

Wendy said...

Wow! How fun! We want to hear all about it. I feel a double date night coming on in our near feature.

Nate and Tasha said...

That is amazing! I have always wanted to so something spontaneous and surprise Nate - you have inspired me! I hope you had a great time.