Sunday, June 28, 2009

Avery's 1st grade Open House

Avery had such a great year in 1st grade! She loved her teacher Mrs. Werner and we were so happy to have gotten to know her so well. I was able to volunteer every week and it was so much fun to see Avery's face light up everytime I had the chance to be in her classroom. I really just can't believe that my little girl is going to be off to 2nd grade already! Time just won't slow down and it makes me sad sometimes to realize my kids are growing up so fast and I worry that I haven't soaked up enough of this precious time with them. I just want to let all of the "frivolous" things go each day and snuggle my kids and talk and play with them for hours. I need to take advantage of the summertime when they are ALL MINE and I don't have to share them with all of the busy-ness (is that a word) of the school year. Until then......Happy summer!

Avery with Mrs. Werner

Avery showing us her self portrait at her desk

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh, how I've been looking forward to pictures of little Lucy!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations to an amazing family (that I adore)!