Monday, September 24, 2007

Girls Weekend

Yes! It was all about "the ladies" this weekend. My cousin Summer rounded up all the sisters and cousins to head out for a mini getaway. We all met up at our hotel in Dana Point and went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. Then we went back to our hotel and got in our comfy clothes and sat around talking and talking. We all brought one of "our favorite things" to share with everyone. That was really fun! We were in heaven with homemade pumpkin bread, Sees Candy, more chocolate and chocolate chip cookies! Talk about throwing your diet out the window this weekend! We all slept in, a novelty none of us mothers can ever enjoy, and then went to lunch on the beach! We spent the rest of the day shopping and ended with a casual dinner at Corner Bakery. We decided to make it an annual event.... I'm thinking every few months would be good! Thanks girls, I had a blast!



12 comments:

Melinda said...

Hi Emily! What a great idea! I'm glad you were able to get away! Cute pictures! It looks like you had a fun time!

Summer said...

Hey Emily,
Cute pictures will you send them to me?? I had so much fun! I'm glad everyone made it. Can't wait to do it again!

Jessica said...

Ahhh... that looks like the kind of vacation I need. Those are nice weekends away. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Kristen said...

Emily,
Thanks for hooking us up with the awesome deal on the room.
I had such a good time with everyone. We don't see each other very often. It was great to get together. I really hope we do this again!

HeatherC said...

Oh WOW! I am seriously jealous. What a blast!

Anonymous said...

How fun Em! I need a girls weekend so bad! Good for you!

Hemphill Family said...

Hey Emily. I love all your pictures. It's good to see you all so happy. Cute kids. Does Emily have a blog too?

Hemphill Family said...

Oops I meant Amber.

Nicole said...

Hi Emily!!! This is Nicole Willard (aka Nicole Jensen) How are you. Came across your blog from looking at Trisha's. You look fabulous woman & have the CUTEST children ever!!! How have you been? How is your family? Jeff & I and the kids are in Cali alot these days & San Diego since I work for JetBlue we fly alot for free & woudl LOVE to get together with everyone. Does Amber have a blog too? She looks great as well.

Feel free to take a look at ours it is: jeffandcole.blogspot.com
Feel free to add it to yours if you want, I 'm gonna add yours to mine so I can stalk you...unless you object of course. =)

Good to see your Blog, it made my day! I love that we can all keep in tough through the blogging world!!

Sara Decker said...

What a fun weekend. Such a good idea. I am actually headed to New York next week for a girls weekend with my in-laws, can't wait.

Emily said...

Hi Emily - I just found your blog through Jessica. I had lunch with Nancy on Tues. and told her to check my blog out. Does she know you have one? Hopefully I'm not freaking you out by writing you - we kinda have a history, right? Talk to you later - Emily Springer

Tim and Lisa said...

Hey Emily.. I was looking at your friends and noticed Trisha's name... She was my neighbor growing up and I would love to see her blog and talk with her.. Can you pass mine on to her!! Let her now it's Lisa Wofford, Thanks