Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ella's Big Night Out!

Giving all of my children equal attention can be challenging at times. It seems like Avery has the more demanding schedule with school, homework, sports and activities while Logan has so many needs every minute of every day! Then there's Ella, that I know I need to spend that extra time playing with, while one is at school and the other naps.... yes, I'm talking about that precious time where I can return phone calls, fold a load of laundry, jump on the computer to check emails or just straighten up the house. It hits me when I am replying to an email and a sweet voice comes up behind me and says, "mommy, will you play with me?" Yes, that would be my little Ella who loves to play Barbies, dress up, or even watch a movie with popcorn and chocolate milk. Why do I let all of those unimportant things get in the way of something as sweet as playing with my 3 year old? I am going to be better though.... I will leave the house a mess and play! It's more fun than cleaning the house anyway! We had so much fun with Ella on her very own night out with mommy and daddy and I think you can tell from the pictures, she did too!

Dinner at Ruby's Diner

shopping at The Children's Place where she picked out her own belt and shoes!

playing on the phone at Pottery Barn Kids

It was time well spent with sweet little Ella!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

That is sweet. John has taken Paige on Daddy Daughter dates and even taken Owen out with him. But we have never gone together with one child. That would be nice.

Tim and Lisa said...

What a great idea!!! You are such a Wonderful Mom!!! We all need to take lesson's from you!!! I find it so hard to let the house, laundry and other petty things just go while I play!!! I need to get better at this too!!!!!!!!!!! That is something she will never forget!!

King Family said...

Wow what a great idea! I also need to put aside the chores that will never go away and take some more special time with Paige and Addison. I agree this is something she will cherish forever!

Kristen said...

awe..what a sweet post!
I find myself feeling the same way sometimes too.
Such cute pictures :)

Nicole said...

I love the pictures you took of Ella, she is such a doll!! She looks so happy and like she is having the time of her life with mom & dad. This is such a great idea. I will have to remember this as my kids get older & as Jillian becomes the "middle" child. You are such a great mom & great example.

Tammy said...

Such a great idea. When we were kids we used to have special dates with our parents, We need to start doing that, it's so important. Love the pics!

Nate and Tasha said...

Wow, you both went. How sweet! Ella looks so old in the pic of her on the phone (maybe a flash forward of what the future holds as a teen...) It does look like she had a lot of fun, what a great idea. I get too busy and I only have one child - what's going to happen when I have this one, aghhhh!

Nichole said...

She looks like she is having so much fun with YOU! It is amazing how the smallest thing like that just makes their day. You are a great mom! I love the post by Darren..what a sweet husband!

Emily said...

Like reading my own thoughts! I need to do better at letting the chores go and playing with my kids more. Thanks for the inspiration! (And for reminding me that I need to take Thomas out on a date...sometime before he starts taking ELLA out on dates! ;)

Suzanne said...

She is a doll!