Sunday, May 4, 2008

I love my sweet wife!

O.K. This is Darren, and I'm not sure if I'm posting this blog right, but I guessed my wife's password so I think I'm in.

Emily comes home today after being in Utah for almost five days - I've been with the kids this whole time, and no one is more excited to have her back than me.

Em - I don't know how you do it. I felt like I was literally cleaning up the house 24/7. Thank you for being such a wonderful wife & mother - I appreciate now more than ever the work you go through each and every day to keep the house clean. I appreciate your ability to do the girls' hair - church is later today and I foresee a little disaster in the hair department (seeing as I couldn't even put Avery's hair in a ponytail very well yesterday for her softball game). I appreciate your patience more than anything, with all "four" kids (I'm including myself in that department). Finally, I appreciate your second job - that of a chauffeur - taking the kids all over the place. I didn't even venture to go to a store or anything with the three of them - I now know why you have such a hard time when you try to do that.

Even though the kids and I had a great time, I was exhausted by the end of every day, and I can tell you we all miss you very much. You are the glue that holds us all together and I don't know what I would do or where I would be without you. Thank you for being a perfect woman - I couldn't ask for a better best friend to enjoy life with, create a family with, and grow old with (although we're still young, right?). I love you, sweetheart!

Darren

P.S. I'm now a little more "motivated" to plan that summer vacation - just for the two of us!

19 comments:

Nate and Tasha said...

Wow, it is nice when a husband appreciates what us moms do each and every day :) Emily you are a sweet person and a great mom, I am so glad that I have had a chance to get to know you better.

Nate and Tasha said...

P.S. I hope you had a great time in Utah!

Sara Decker said...

That just made me cry. What a sweet post from your hubby. What a trooper for staying with the kids for that long, and so cute that he tells you how wonderful you are. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Jules said...

Tears Darren... so sweet! Guess I'll be leaving town soon. Haha. We moms do a lot to keep things together, but so do the dads. My kids would be lost without their daddy hugs & high fives and his nightly tuckins. Isn't wonderful that we can work as a team and it all seems to go alright? Good job holding down the fort Darren- and Emily, hope you enjoyed your trip! Back to reality... how sweet it is! :) Miss you guys, Julie Sivley

King Family said...

That was so SWEET Darren. Welcome back Em!

Emily said...

Awwwwww! What a GOOD MAN! We missed you too!!!

Wendy said...

That was really sweet Darren! Emily, I'd expect a HUGE mother's day gift if I were you! ;)

HeatherC said...

Good man darren.... welcome home Em!

Tim and Lisa said...

Wow... What a post!! You are a lucky woman Emily!! Great job with the kids Darren!! Hope you had a great time, I'm sure the kids did!

Kristen said...

Yep Emily...you scored in the husband department :)!!! What a sweet post...

hope you had fun in Utah!!!

Suzanne said...

So sweet! I have to show that one to my husband. I think our husbands know but don't really get it until they live our crazy lives. We couldn't do it without wonderful husbands though:) Good for you Emily to get away. I think that sounds like a fabulous idea.

Jessica said...

Wow, I'm impressed... I think John needs to go through a little mommy boot camp - we'll see. Congrats on the get away and I think I can speak for your family when I say it's good to have you home!

Mindy said...

Darren--

Shaun says "thanks buddy". After reading your blog I forced him to read it and did the whole "this is what a good husband should do--are you taking notes?" thing to shaun. ha, ha.

Sounds like UT was fun. It's good for the men to see what we do once in awhile.

Summer said...

So sweet Darren! You guys make a great team, your children will be so blessed because of your love for each other and appreciation of each others roles. Darren thanks for encouraging Emily to go Womens Conference, it was fun to spend a little time with her. Love you guys!

Christy said...

That is so nice. That is why I love leaving Brett with the kids because he understands how crazy it can get. It is always so nice to be appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Daren- You do have the perfect wife, she is such a sweetheart and has her priorities all in line! I loved that tribute! I now know what I need to do to get Marc to understand more of what it is I actually do as a mother-- I need to plan a trip away even if for just a day!

Julie said...

Emily!! What a fun surprise...thanks for the comment. I've enjoyed catching up with you (via blog). You have such a cute family! I think that your hubby needs to come and teach elders quorum or something and share all that he has learned...he sounds very sweet! I'll be checking in often.

Jenny said...

Darren that was very sweet. Brad will only watch both kids if he doesn't have to leave the house.
It looks like you had fun. I haven't had a trip like that in a while. Hmmmmm......

Mike said...

Thanks alot Darren for making the rest of us guys look like dipsticks to our wives.